Calcule Biologique

Annuaire de Sante | Dictionnaire medicale  Actualit? M?dicale

Universit? Virtuelle des Sciences Medicales

Health News

Cours de Medecine

Précédent   Forum Algérien de Médecine > English Medical Section

Notices

English Medical Section Perfectionnez votre anglais médical - Only english talking please

Réponse
Outils de la discussion Rechercher
non lus 17/02/2009, 17h13   #21
moonlight

moonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond repute
Par défaut Re : speaking english !!!!

web site about learning english

http://www.antimoon.com/

it talks about wathing movies and TV in english here : http://www.antimoon.com/how/movies.htm

Dernière modification par moonlight ; 17/02/2009 à 17h18.
moonlight est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
non lus 18/02/2009, 17h15   #22
bimarstane

bimarstane has a reputation beyond reputebimarstane has a reputation beyond reputebimarstane has a reputation beyond reputebimarstane has a reputation beyond reputebimarstane has a reputation beyond reputebimarstane has a reputation beyond reputebimarstane has a reputation beyond repute

hi

i add, this execellent web sit of learning english, endless broadcasts , grammar, listening , by interesting and interactive way, really among the best .....enjoy it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/
non lus 26/03/2009, 22h19   #23
SuGaBaBe

SuGaBaBe has a spectacular aura about

Citation:
Envoyé par symphony Voir le message
I can also avow that watching some english movies is very helpful, i usually do it once in a day when i can... there are many channels like : MBC action, MBC 2 and DubaiOne, etc etc ... also MTV is a good Improval-langage-wasting-time-machine, whatever how many stupidities in contains... who ignores Dismissed, or pimp my ride ?
haha right! i so agree with u!
practising a language is the kye te learn it let ME tell you..
you can't know how good i was in English.. it always came so fluently to me but since i stopped practising it ( coz i was focusing on learning French and i took my English for granted) i lost it and it kills me!
movies and series ( with no subtitles at all) are a good way.. that's how i started to learn French!
non lus 16/08/2009, 11h08   #24
hayuta

hayuta will become famous soon enough
Par défaut

salam alykom!! i read the topic and i know exactly what you're going through..in fact ...real practice of English never be in Algeria "unless you have British or American people in your environment..
i had the same problem but i forced myself to talk even when i do "shameful mistakes sometimes" if you have friends who are really into learning it and you guys can help each other ...like ...when you're all together you can use English instead of Arabic...i know it's really hard at first but it'll help you gain your confidence back!

just trust me...

medical studies are all in French...English is my idol...i wish i could learn medicine in English ..but..never mind!!
when i was a first year medical student ...n started making relations with my colleagues...i presented myself as the english lover..and i started using it with them...people there are all frenchy...they made fun of me...they called me several names..like "crazy" and stuff..well it hurt but i don't care anyway
the bright side of the story is: inspite of the teasing ..i found people who appreciated my skills..so don't you ever lose hope ...

you'll be good at if you truely love it...i'm 100% sure that you'll make it through
so cheer up!!

i talked sooo much i'm sorry...i hope i did a job soothing you!

see ya
non lus 16/08/2009, 18h06   #25
MHD15
smooth operator

MHD15 has a reputation beyond reputeMHD15 has a reputation beyond reputeMHD15 has a reputation beyond reputeMHD15 has a reputation beyond reputeMHD15 has a reputation beyond reputeMHD15 has a reputation beyond reputeMHD15 has a reputation beyond reputeMHD15 has a reputation beyond reputeMHD15 has a reputation beyond reputeMHD15 has a reputation beyond reputeMHD15 has a reputation beyond repute
Red face They once said

Citation:
Envoyé par hayuta Voir le message
i had the same problem but i forced myself to talk even when i do "shameful mistakes sometimes"

Citation:
Confucius once said : "Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes."

Elbert Hubbard said : "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one."
So if other people don't accept your mistakes, that's their fault
non lus 16/08/2009, 18h36   #26
nadlo

nadlo is on a distinguished road
Par défaut

Hello everybody,
nice to see many of you join the english medical forum. From my experience I think that learning english is an easy gradual process considering you already speak french.
Like moonlight mentioned launching a debate is very helpful.
From my peronal experience I would say that the way I learned english was first through music and movies.I used to watch a lot of movies/tv shows with french or arabic subtitles. I knew what the words meant but the pronouciation seemed problematic so I would look at the subtitle read the word in french and try to pronounce it the way I've heard it in english.Now I am studying entirely in english but I still like to take university courses in french so that I keep up with both languages.

Good luck everyone and we should launch a debate soon! :-)
nadlo est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
non lus 16/08/2009, 20h13   #27
symphony
Symphomed

symphony has a reputation beyond reputesymphony has a reputation beyond reputesymphony has a reputation beyond reputesymphony has a reputation beyond reputesymphony has a reputation beyond reputesymphony has a reputation beyond reputesymphony has a reputation beyond reputesymphony has a reputation beyond reputesymphony has a reputation beyond reputesymphony has a reputation beyond reputesymphony has a reputation beyond repute
Par défaut

Citation:
From my peronal experience I would say that the way I learned english was first through music and movies.I used to watch a lot of movies/tv shows with french or arabic subtitles.
Same here
non lus 18/08/2009, 22h53   #28
nadlo

nadlo is on a distinguished road
Par défaut

sweet
nadlo est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
non lus 01/09/2009, 05h03   #29
Satch

Satch will become famous soon enough
Par défaut

so we all agree that music \ lyrics are a good way to improve our english level as for movies\series i recommend to download english subtitles in the beginning n for this There is a program called Media Player Classic it has an awesome feature which is (you can download subs diectly into the movie no more searching for the right one)
the Next thing id like to focus on is the Pronounciation coz its extremely rare to find ppl with good prounounciation
n as hayet said we have to practice it more within groups even if the comments are frustrating n cruel sometimes ( No Pain ; No gain )
take care ppl
Satch est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
non lus 01/09/2009, 05h31   #30
MHD15
smooth operator

MHD15 has a reputation beyond reputeMHD15 has a reputation beyond reputeMHD15 has a reputation beyond reputeMHD15 has a reputation beyond reputeMHD15 has a reputation beyond reputeMHD15 has a reputation beyond reputeMHD15 has a reputation beyond reputeMHD15 has a reputation beyond reputeMHD15 has a reputation beyond reputeMHD15 has a reputation beyond reputeMHD15 has a reputation beyond repute
Par défaut

Citation:
Envoyé par Satch Voir le message
so we all agree that music \ lyrics are a good way to improve our english level as for movies\series i recommend to download english subtitles in the beginning n for this There is a program called Media Player Classic it has an awesome feature which is (you can download subs diectly into the movie no more searching for the right one)
the Next thing id like to focus on is the Pronounciation coz its extremely rare to find ppl with good prounounciation
n as hayet said we have to practice it more within groups even if the comments are frustrating n cruel sometimes ( No Pain ; No gain )
take care ppl
This is true for spoken English for general purposes. When it comes to English for medical purposes, there is youtube, a video streaming web site for those who wish to learn how to take history, how to give a medical consult, ...

Liens sociaux

Outils de la discussion Rechercher
Rechercher:

Recherche avancée

Règles de messages